Thursday, August 1, 2019

CVC -at Centers and Activities!


This week I have been rigorously working on my new obsession - FROGS!
For some reason this idea seemed to me very interactive and engaging for students. Taking into consideration the fact that the clip art I  have worked on is cute <3.

I have created a set of activities in one bundle and one of my favorites is Spin & Cover CVC words and Spin & Cover CVC pictures. Each activity is sold separately or as a part of my CVC -at Bundle.

Spin & Cover CVC words - for this activity you will need a spinner, you can buy one or create one of your own using pins and paperclips. I prefer partners to work along together. Student A spins the spinner and reads the word. Student B covers the picture and vice-versa. This method trains students take turns and work cooperatively. For this activity you can use props like small erasers, stones and diamonds for covering the pictures. You could use two separate colors for each student to see the level of their engagement. 
Another way to have the continuous formative assessment in place I have added the recording sheet. Provide students with two different colored markers, so you will be able to see based on the recorded answers the level of engagement and writing.
 
I have added lily pads with a small touch of lily flowers and rectangles inside for students records.
You will find alternatives to the activity. I have created the spinner frog on a separate sheet and the pictures framed in the other to give a bigger picture to the students.

Another beautiful way to deliver the center is by letting the prop frogs hop in lily pads!
Therefore, I have added some CVC words on lily pads. Students spin the frog with pictures, name the picture and cover the word necessary.

To purchase this product click here!

Note: copyright belongs to eyvibes



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Early Years Vibes Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design